Hailing from the Isle of Skye in Scotland, The Talisker 10 Year Old is a single malt scotch whisky released by the Talisker Distillery – founded in 1830 by Hugh and Kenneth MacAskil. American oak casks are used to age this spirit for a minimum of at least ten years.
Simply put, this stuff is super satisfying featuring aromas of a seaside town’s air mixed in with a slight peatiness. In contrast to that, the spirit remains balanced by mixing flavours of orchard fruit and juicy barley.
- Nose: Fresh and fragrant smelling. Thick and smoky, sweet pear, apple peels, pinches of maritime salt and a hint of seaweed.
- Palate: A bonfire of peat crackling with black pepper, a touch of brine and dry barley, orchard fruit, balanced.
- Finish: Long, campfire-toasted malt, sugary underlay.
The Talisker 10 Year Old is definitely a big winner having snagged plenty of awards similar to GlenDronach’s expressions. We’ve compiled the data on our supercomputers here at The Good Stuff to present them to you, dear reader.
TALISKER 10 YEAR OLD (AWARDS)
- A popular Editor’s Choice at Whisky Magazine.
- Gold medal winner at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2017.
- ‘Best Islands Single Malt’ at the World Whiskies Awards 2017.
Get a bottle for yourself today, or check out The Good Stuff’s entire selection and have it delivered to you!
- More single malt whiskies (try your luck to get our single malt promo: